Vodka Facts | Interesting Trivia
Vodka Trivia and Facts
Most people drink vodka without considering vodka’s interesting facts, attributes, and trivia. Here are some facts and trivia that may give you an adventurous insight and a deeper perspective of the vodka.
Email us your Vodka Trivia and Vodka Facts firstname.lastname@example.org
There is an old Yiddish proverb that states: A man comes from the dust and in the dust he will end — and in the meantime it is good to drink a sip of vodka.
Interesting Vodka Facts
- Vodka can be made from anything that will ferment from wheat and grains, to molasses and beets.
- Vodka is unlike any other spirit in that it does not need to be stored and matured.
- Vodka possesses qualities unlike other liquors because it is odorless, tasteless, and colorless.
- The word is derived from Zhiznennia which in Russian is defined as meaning “water of life.”
- When vodka is fermented and distilled it is very high in proof and must be diluted with water.
- Vodka is the world’s most popular consumed spirit or liquor.
- Premium vodka is consumed on ice in European countries.
- Vodka can be used to cure foot odor by applying it to the feet.
- Vodka can clean eye-glasses and glass better then most glass cleaners.
- In ancient times, it was used as a way to sterilize and as an anti-bacterial cleanser.
- It is said that drinking vodka can rid the body of toxins.
- The more vodka is distilled the higher the content of alcohol.
- Back when vodka was discovered and produced it was considered prudish to refuse a drink from a shared cup.
- As opposed to charcoal in previous eras vodka was filtrated by the use of bladders from fish.
- As a result of the media attention from the series Sex in the City, the cosmopolitan and flavored fruity cocktails such as apple martinis became popular vodka drinks.
- James Bond movies in the 60’s gave notoriety to the vodka martini .
- You can add vodka to your shampoo to clean your scalp and rids toxins and dirt in hair strands.
- Vodka can be utilized as a skin astringent.
- The spirit was first made popular in the United States by a cocktail named the Moscow Mule.
- Vodka is so high-proof that it does not freeze.
Maybe the next time you go to drink vodka, you will think of it in another perspective. In addition, if you need your hair clean or a wound sterilized and have a bottle of vodka handy you can use it. Vodka stands apart from other spirits for its many idiosyncratic elements. Vodka’s versatility goes beyond being an average beverage. Consider the light side- and the best aspect of vodka, the more inebriated you become, the better someone will look. It has the potential to make the most unattractive of sorts – look more beautiful.
Vodka Quote: I drink too much. The last time I gave a urine sample it had an olive in it. ~ Rodney Dangerfield